Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thought Provoking Question

My though provoking question is...
Will Sai escape the dreaded life of being an orphan? Will she be like Biju and try to make something of herself in order to achieve a better life? Hopefully we can assume Sai will want to get out of her hard life and hopefully help the judge and cook get out of hardships as well. And even though her tutor/lover Gyan is four years older than her, I hope he can aid Sai in getting out of a dreaded life and he go with her. Maybe they'll escape together? One can only hope. 

6 comments:

  1. I think that Sai will most likely escape her orphan life, and I'm sure that Gyan will be an assistance in this process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, since Gyan is four years older, his age can be a benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine... I think your question is one that has been at the back of my head for sometime now, I just never really addressed the question and thought about it. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A follow up question that I have for you is do you think that Biju's stories are supposed to reflect something in Sai, possibly a glimmering of hope for the reader and for Sai's future???

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... I think that's a very interesting question Makeena. I really do hope that Biju's stories are supposed to reflect something for Sai's future. I really hope Sai will realize she has to do something with her life and get out of the judges confinement. Maybe she'll look to Biju as an example on how she's really going to make this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, hopefully they do reflect something in Sai's life. I think that there are different points in the American plot line that relate to the Indian plot line. I also think that there are points that probably represent things in the plot lines.

    ReplyDelete